2015年1月26日月曜日

BR15: Incredible Earth

Volcanoes are dangerous, but they are beautiful, too. There are many other incredible places on Earth- high mountains, great rivers, big deserts...What is the highest mountain on Earth? What is the biggest hot desert? What is the deepest lake? What incredible places do you know? (p.3)

When I was in high school, I have studied Geo science so I enjoyed reading this book. This book introduce Oceans, Rivers and Waterfalls, Mountains and Lakes, Caves, Earthquakes and Tsunamis, and so on. I was interested in Caves. This book says, "Thousands of years ago, people lived in caves. They didn't have books or paper, so they drew pictures on the cave walls." It is so interesting. I have not ever seen caves or pictures on the cave so I want to see it. But this book also says that picture in a cave in France, about 16,000 years ago, so I must go to France. I don't have any money.
In Touhoku, Japan, there was very big Earthquake in March 11, 2011. That Magnitude was 9.0. That figure is so large. A lot of people died by that Earthquake. This book introduce about very big tsunami in the Indian Ocean in 2004 but we should remember about big Earthquake in Touhoku, Japan.
If you are interested in Geo science, you can read it easily.

Northcott, Richard. (2010): Incredible Earth. England, Oxford Read and Discover.

[180/13783]

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿